Data and Customization
- Dynamic interactive reports -- these main-screen reports are instantly available by clicking a tab, and can show the status for today or
any range of dates, for all sites or for a specific type of site. Each report has customizable fields and other options (options screen shot):
- Rack -- see each site's status for each day -- instant availability check.
- Map -- see each site's status on an overview map.
- Arrivals -- see who's arriving.
- Departures -- see who's departing.
- On Site -- see who's currently on site.
(screen shot) Optionally, all sites can be listed for use as a walk-around check sheet.
- Unassigned -- see what reservations have not yet been assigned to a site.
- Non-reserved -- see the waiting list, who's cancelled, who couldn't be booked due to availability and who just inquired.
- Payments Due -- see who has a balance due or is past-due based on your scheduling options, including "aged" account balances.
- Transactions -- see the details of every financial transaction, and customizable summary reports for accounting (see below).
- Quick-info windows show reservation or site details instantly (just double-click on the report).
- Speedy reservations -- show available sites with one click, select a site with a double-click, and retrieve previous customer information easily with just a few letters of their last name.
- Automatic U.S. Zip code and Canada Postal Code lookup to speed up new customer entry.
- Automatic mixed-case name and address formatting (e.g. type "john smith" and it becomes "John Smith")
- Reservations can be made without assigning a site, so you can do the site-juggling later. Unassigned reservations are indicated on the rack so you know how many sites are really available.
- Housekeeping report shows rooms needing attention
- Day Passes can be made easily for 1 or more days, with or without customer information.
- Right-click context menus throughout the reports allow easy access to reservation functions.
- Change the start or end date of a reservation, split reservations to account for gaps, check in, check out and more all with 2 clicks.
- Move reservations to another site or swap sites for reservations with just a few clicks.
- Link reservations together and handle groups easily. Check in each group member and print separate receipts if needed.
- Flag reservations as being groups, free sites, extended-stay and "don't move" -- color coding makes them easy to spot.
- Create reservation "restrictions" -- define a set of rules that can prevent improper reservations from being made (e.g. 3-day-minimum holidays, maximum occupants, maximum days per month, days-out rules, etc)
- Create reservation "reminders" -- show a reminder to the reservationist under user-defined conditions, e.g. staying during a special event, requirements for certain sites, etc.
- Automatic deposit amounts calculated according to your rules.
- Handle reservations for hourly rentals, half-day trips, 15-minute-increment dinner schedules, or any intra-day time period you need.
- Record any info you need for guarantees (like credit card info).
- Track how your customers heard about you, for statistical reports (see below).
- Block additional dates for a reservation (a possible extension of their stay but not yet confirmed/paid).
- Keep track of site owners or long-term leases and still allow other reservations on the same site in their absence.
- Automatic rate calculations take everything into account so mistakes are almost impossible.
- Charges can be post-dated to the check-in date for proper income accounting
- Print several different receipt/invoice formats (on plain paper):
- Reservation ticket (similar to pre-printed forms)
- Full-page invoice, receipt or statement
- Quick-receipt, for small paper and/or fast printing
- Confirmation letter (with customizable text)
- Print window tags with site number and dates in large print, for vehicle windows (screen shot)
- Print receipts on any 3" receipt-printer.
- Send confirmations, receipts and invoices by E-mail, with custom message formatting.
- Integrate credit card processing (no more separate receipts, keying errors, or tiny settlement reports).
- Open a cash drawer when printing receipts, or on command.
- Print duplicate receipts automatically (as many copies as you need).
- Print mailing labels and envelopes for selected customers (with many filtering options).
- Receipts, letters, labels, E-mails, and any other forms can be customized to your needs.
- Batch-print any of the receipt formats for selected reservations (with many filtering options).
(screen shots: selection list ... filtering)
- Batch E-mail invoices or your own E-mail messages to selected customers/reservations (with many filtering options).
- Automatic print previewing for all reports and documents to avoid time-consuming mistakes (can be disabled if desired).
- Any of the tab views, reports, or even raw tables can be exported to a CSV file for use in other programs.
- Any of the data from reports can also be copied to the clipboard for quick pasting into Excel, Access, Word, or any other program.
- Monthly Billing feature to automate charges and receipt printing or E-mailing each month. (screen shot)
- Export daily transaction totals to QuickBooks Pro (categorized charges and receipts by payment type)
- Locate reservations and customers with flexible "Find" functions.
(screen shots:Find Customer ... Find Reservation)
- Color-coding of reservations for easy status identification, with dozens of color settings (pop-up color key also available).
- A customer's details, plus reservation and transaction history, can be viewed and printed easily.
- Non-reservation transactions can be entered (like counter sales), with or without customer information.
- Miscellaneous income and expenses can be entered, so your entire accounting can be done with this program.
- Generate web pages with a vacancy grid to help your customers make reservations online.
- Check your E-mail for requests made from your web site and import the reservations without retyping the data.
- Real-time integration with the online reservation system (Hercules).
- Automatic rotated database backups and full logging of changes, to minimize the chance of data loss.
Networking Support (optional feature)
- Supports any number of sites, customers, and reservations at no extra cost.
- Supports operator log-in, with 5 levels of access and detailed reservation/transaction tracking (any number of operators).
- Fully customizable pick-list definitions for site type, rig type, payment method, transaction categories, and more.
- Optional database fields can be disabled to simplify data entry.
- Reservations can be specific to days of the week, for instance reserve one person for every Saturday, and another for every Monday on the same site. No need to make a new reservation every week for these kinds of regular stays.
- Detailed site availability settings -- seasons and other special dates available/unavailable, weekdays available, min & max length of stay. Out of service sites can also be flagged as "Disabled".
- Many customizable site attributes to help when selecting a site for a reservation, with optional auto-matching of selected reservation preferences.
- Support for metered electric, gas and water, with interactive reading reports of all sites for easy recording & billing of new readings.
Tracks the date of the last reading and the reservation that it was applied to, as well as complete meter reading history. Batch print or E-mail invoices.
- Tracks several types of financial transactions -- charge (to the customer), payment, deposit, discount, credit, refund, misc. income and misc. expense.
- Deposit balance tracking shows the total of all unapplied deposits that have been made. (screen shot)
- Accounts Receivable tracking shows the total of all unpaid balances. (screen shot)
- Transfer payments and deposits between reservations and customers.
- Reservation status can be set to pending, confirmed, or guaranteed (plus checked in, checked out, cancelled, etc.), and the status is easily determined by the color coding. The status can also be changed easily at any time.
- Comprehensive customer information can be captured for use on subsequent reservations
- Name, address, phone (3 numbers), E-mail, and driver's license.
- Model, color, and license number of their camper (plus the type and size), and up to 4 additional vehicles.
- Number of adults, children, pets, extra vehicles and trailers.
- Up to 3 discount club types and ID numbers.
- Warning flag, for example to black-list customers.
- Option to exclude from mailing list.
- Notes of any length.
- Merge "accidental" duplicate customers at any time with a simple Merge function.
- Import customer and reservation data from any CSV or tab-delimited file, to transfer the database from other software.
- Define rental rates for each type of site, either general or for specific dates, weekdays, discount and length of stay. Any number of rates can be defined, and only the appropriate rate(s) will be allowed for a reservation.
(screen shots: rates list ... rate details)
- Rate definitions can also be used for add-ons, electric/water meter, merchandise, and miscellaneous credits and charges to speed transaction entry.
- Define up to 5 tax rates (sales/hotel/etc.), and automatically calculate for defined rates. (screen shot):
- The database is automatically saved after every change to avoid data loss, and automatically backed up every day using a 30-day rotating backup.
- Supports backing up your data directly to CD-R/W discs in Windows XP.
- Full audit trail logging of every change made, who made it, and when. Audit trail logs can be saved for as long as you like.
- Data is automatically checked against the logs to detect missing data -- if the database file is corrupted, all changes since
the last backup can be automatically recovered after a restore is done.
- Easy one-click backup function to encourage frequent backups for disaster recovery.
- Customizable confirmation number formatting.
- Configurable access levels for many functions to customize what your employees can do.
- Report formatting options, from simple text to full-color reports just like on the screen.
- Supports multiple printers with saved settings for each type of printing needed (reports, receipts, labels, envelopes, etc.)
- Date format selection (supports several styles of both m/d/y and d/m/y formats).
- Receipts, letters, labels, E-mails, and any other forms can be customized to your needs.
- Reports, lists, dialogs, and menus can all be customized to your needs.
- Extensive maintenance functions for viewing and editing the data tables.
- Purge historical data prior to a specified date, to clean up the database easily (historical data is archived for future reference).
- Data fields can be customized for use with bed and breakfasts,
hotels/motels, storage facilities and even flea markets.
Other Standard Reports
- Real-time networking system, so changes show up immediately on the dynamic report views of all workstations.
- Robust and fast networking protocol, designed specifically for this application.
- Supports up to 63 workstations.
- Connect computers over any TCP/IP connection -- including the Internet (you can work from home!).
- No dedicated server required -- one of the workstations will act as the server.
- If the server-workstation is disabled, any other workstation can take over with just a few changes of the settings.
- Use any workstation offline if necessary -- every workstation has its own copy of the database, and re-synchronization is automatic.
Reports customization can be used to generate any information you need, but the built-in reports are already fairly comprehensive and flexible.
- Statistical reports for any date range with various filtering and summarizing options, by quantity or percentages:
- Occupancy report -- see the occupancy rate for each type of site, by day, month, or year.
- Availability report -- see how many sites are still available for any date in the future.
- How-heard report -- see how your customers found you.
- Unfulfilled reservations -- see how your booked reservations stack up against the cancellations, waiting list, inquiry, and couldn't-book reservations.
- Customer and reservation reports (in addition to the dynamic tab views):
- Customer warnings list -- get a list of customers you've flagged with warnings, with detailed notes of the reason.
- Unassigned Reservations -- all reservations that don't have a site assigned to them (mainly for sanity checking).
- Conflicting Reservations -- all reservations that conflict with each other (for sanity checking).
- Find Customers -- this function can be used for various filtered-customer reports.
- Find Reservations -- this function can be used for various filtered-reservation reports.
- Reservations by Date Made - list reservations according to when they were made.
- Customer and Reservation E-mail lists, with Batch E-mail functions.
- Monthly billing functions to automate monthly charges and invoicing.
- Transaction summary reports -- generate any kind of report you need:
- Sub-total by transaction type, category, payment method, discount used, operator, site type, or site.
- Summarize by day, month, or year.
- Report over any date range, using either the actual transaction date or the reservation date.
- Filter by any combination of transaction type, category, payment method, discount used, operator, workstation and site type.
- Memorize any number of report formats (filtering and other options)
- Orient with the dates in rows or columns.
- Several pre-defined reports are available:
- Receipts by Payment Method
- Receipts by Category
- Charges by Category
- Discounts by Discount Used (Good Sam, AAA, etc.)
- Taxes by Tax Category (sales tax, hotel tax...)
- Income & Expenses (include non-reservation income and expenses)
- Balance Charges and Payments
- Accounts Receivable activity
- Deposit Account activity
- Other reports:
- Housekeeping report, showing arrivals/departures, "dirty" rooms, etc.
- Work Orders, by site or general work orders
- Journal entries -- general, by site, by reservation, etc.
- Audit Trail, so see a comprehensive record of data changes/deletions, logins, etc. by operator
"Just want you to know that we are very happy with the Campground Master Software.
We checked out many software packages and kept coming back to the Campground Master.
There is no other software out there that could be any easier."